My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://ahungrybear.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

roasted chicken

roasting chicken

I know this is very basic, but it's so useful to me to have a good technique for roasting chicken that can be used in any dish (like enchiladas, or even just on top of salads) that I figured I'd share... Again, I keep noticing that there are pre-packaged cooked chicken strips, and I'm wondering why these companies are able to "trick" people into thinking that the from-scratch method is really that much harder. This is SO easy, and so healthy, and cheaper -- why wouldn't you?

As you can see, I just took a split chicken breast, boneless and skinless -- it was almost a pound. This is enough for the enchilada recipe. Sometimes I'll do several though, because chicken is good to keep in the fridge to just throw on sandwiches or salads. Simply line a roasting pan with foil, drizzle olive oil over the chicken breast, salt and pepper it, and squeeze half a lemon over it (just throw the squeezed lemon right in the pan next to the chicken, it will keep imparting its flavor while everything is roasting).

Roast for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees, you can flip it if you like but that's not necessary. Turn off the oven, and let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes. Then you can slice it, or use a fork to shred it, as in the picture above.

No comments: