My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://ahungrybear.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

love your steak, part 2: roasted garlic butter

roasted garlic butter ribeye

As I mentioned yesterday, this is the second of two of my favorite steak sauces. I'm not sure if this is the way they make the roasted garlic butter at Kevin Rathbun Steak, but it's so good I don't mind. I served this recently with roasted brussel sprouts with pancetta and sweet potato fries (for some reason grouped in with my tilapia po boys recipe?).

Grocery list: garlic, olive oil, 1/2 stick butter, salt, pepper.

roasted garlic cloves

Break apart 10 garlic cloves, leaving the skins on, and place them on a sheet of foil. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in a 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until the garlic cloves are soft. (I don't like to heat up my oven for just a tiny foil packet, but fortunately roasted garlic can keep in the packet for a few days in the fridge.)

salt pepper butter base

Mash the room temperature butter with salt and pepper. When the garlic is done, allow it to cool enough so you can handle it, then squeeze the soft garlic out of each skin.

roasted garlic butter

Mash the garlic, then add to the butter. Serve with your favorite steak.

No comments: